|Bluebird at cut-out stage.|
I am still experimenting here with colours. I spent time last night organising the background fabric. I wanted it to have a slightly pink hue for an early morning atmosphere. I cut beetroot and left it on the cloth overnight, rinsing it away this morning. The result is quite nice - it was already a slightly mottled fabric from a previous dye and now it looks very early morning-ish. Again, it was good to be handling small cloth. I have also pinked a piece of white sheeting which will become the backing cloth for the whole piece.
|Beetroot dye for early morning background cloth.|
I do not have ready access to pink flowers and so used the beetroot at hand. I would, however love to try pink dyeing from flowers as kaite has so beautifully demonstrated.
At close of needle yesterday I had completed all the pre-wash stitching on 'How Raven Wrecked a Wedding'. Now I have washed it and have a last stitch or two to do and then I will post the cloth. Well, there is one element that I will be grateful for some advice on, so at the time of posting, it will not be quite finished but v e e e ry close.
Happy stitching, Gilly